Melissa told me a quote by Mark Twain. He said, "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Needless to say it has been a little chilly and moist. My hair is extremely naturally curly here. I look like I have stepped right out of the eighties. Melissa and Lance live right by the golden gate bridge in the heart of san francisco. It has been so fun visiting with them. So far we have gone to the beach and seen pelicans (right by Robin Williams house), gone to Lance's dental school for a tour, and gone to fisherman's warf where we bought some delicious sourdough bread. We also saw the famous Bushman jump out and scare a tourist (the tourist was seriously freaked out). Brynna also saw seals there and got to sit with "famous dogs" for a picture. Melissa would really like to have the baby so we are going to walk the bridge today. We also plan to make some freezer meals for when the baby does arrive. They always come eventually. Evelyn has been a joy to be with and has loved having Brynna to play with. I actually love to be called grandma again.
This was Brynna's first airplane ride. She whispered to me during the flight that she thought heaven was in the clouds below us. She loved watching the clouds and she tried to find our house as we left Utah. On a side-note anyone who knows Brynna very well knows she has had concerns over "death"for the last few years. So she was a little anxious about the airplane ride prior to the trip. She had a nightmare for a few nights before that the "plane crashed into the water". I had no idea that the oakland airport is right along the coast. So as we were coming in for a landing it looked like we were going into the ocean until the very last moment when the runway suddenly appears. So for the last five minutes of the plane trip Brynna was terrified despite my attempts at reassurance. She kept saying "we're going into the water...we're going into the water". When we landed on dry land the relief was evident to the entire plane full of people as she exhuberantly excaimed, "We didn't go into the water!" I have never seen such relief on a child.
Ward Campout and Jerome Ghost Town
11 years ago





2 comments:
So glad you were able to land safely. It sounds like you are having fun. I am doing a Homer Simpson drool over the sourdough bread.
Melissa - Good luck with the baby! I hope she arrives soon.
I'm glad you're having a good time in SF. I agree with Brynna, it appears very clear that you are going to land in the ocean when you fly to Oakland! Hope all goes well with the baby.
Post a Comment