Friday, May 7, 2010

Hello Dolly








This week has been an exciting and fun one with Aubrey performing as Irene Malloy in Hello Dolly at AF Jr. High. The entire cast is fabulous, but of course we are partial to aubs. She has told us all she "looks like a geisha girl" in her wig. She was stressed out all semester because she is supposed to "kiss a boy" in this play...but it ended up that just before the kiss the stage goes dark...so it looks like a kiss.. but it doesn't really happen. Such relief! It would have been her first kiss since a boy pushed her down and kissed her in Kindergarten. She has her last performance tomorrow night. Sunday I know I am going to be singing, "Put on your sunday clothes there's lots of world out there." I just can't get the music out of your mind, having heard it for the past few months continually. On n unrelated side note I have to give my first SS lesson this Sunday-on the proclamation of the family-Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

three pinkies said...

Way to go Aubrey! And Patty, good luck Sunday, I know you'll be great! Lynette I. gave a lesson once where she broke the Proclamation into sections... that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Cheryl said...

We can't go until Monday. Is that not her day? Sorry to miss her Bet she was wonderful.