So soup...I have really been into making new soup recipe's lately. It may because I can't seem to get warm. I don't generally post recipes, but I want to save this one somewhere. So if you like mushroom soup this one is a keeper. I saw it on "Good Things Utah" last week by Amy Richardson and tried it and it really is delicious. Everyone in our family liked it. It is easy but looks kind of fancy. I was a little worried about the cheese (I used feta instead of bleu) but it wasn't strong and was really good. Oh and Aubs contest started over, it is the final month (for which I am grateful...and I am sure anyone else I talk to is grateful) and goes until Feb 15th, so if you want to...feel free to vote for her. People who want to can vote one time per day. Thanks. http://music.mormontimes.com/contest.php?id=757&nocache=1
Creamy Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup
Ingredients:
3 ¼ cups Chicken Broth
1/3 cup Wild Rice (Uncooked)
½ cup Sliced Green Onion
½ cup Sour Cream
½ cup Milk
1-2 tbsp. Crumbled Blue Cheese
2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Snipped Fresh Thyme OR ¼ tsp. Dried Thyme, crushed.
1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 cup Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
Method:
In a medium sauce pan, combine the chicken broth and the uncooked rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 25 minutes until rice is tender. Stir in the green onion. Whisk together the sour cream, milk, flour, thyme and pepper till well blended. Add to the rice mixture. Add mushrooms and blue cheese. Cook and stir till thickened.
Makes 4 servings.
White Cheese Croutons
Ingredients:
4 Slices rustic bread
Olive oil for brushing
¾ cup Dubliner Irish cheese or shaved Parmesan
Method:
Lightly brush bread with olive oil. Place bread oil side up on a cooking tray. Sprinkle bread with cheese and place under broiler till cheese is melted and slightly golden.
Serve with creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom soup
Creamy Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup
Ingredients:
3 ¼ cups Chicken Broth
1/3 cup Wild Rice (Uncooked)
½ cup Sliced Green Onion
½ cup Sour Cream
½ cup Milk
1-2 tbsp. Crumbled Blue Cheese
2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Snipped Fresh Thyme OR ¼ tsp. Dried Thyme, crushed.
1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 cup Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
Method:
In a medium sauce pan, combine the chicken broth and the uncooked rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 25 minutes until rice is tender. Stir in the green onion. Whisk together the sour cream, milk, flour, thyme and pepper till well blended. Add to the rice mixture. Add mushrooms and blue cheese. Cook and stir till thickened.
Makes 4 servings.
White Cheese Croutons
Ingredients:
4 Slices rustic bread
Olive oil for brushing
¾ cup Dubliner Irish cheese or shaved Parmesan
Method:
Lightly brush bread with olive oil. Place bread oil side up on a cooking tray. Sprinkle bread with cheese and place under broiler till cheese is melted and slightly golden.
Serve with creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom soup





1 comment:
Oh, it is sooo delicious. Thank you for sharing! You are the best neighbors in the world.
Post a Comment