
(I just stole this picture off Melissa's blog, because I love it and it makes me smile.)
In August Aubrey and I traveled to beautiful and cold San Francisco California to enjoy greeting my first grandson and aubrey's first nephew. As you can see he is quite a looker. He is blonde and so calm and happy. We also got to play a lot with Evelyn and Adelle, who couldn't be more thrilled to have a baby brother. We are thrilled to have them all!
Aubrey also got the priviledge of being yelled at intensely ,with very colorful language, by an interesting man on a street corner while we were there. We loved visiting giradelli square and fisherman's wharf and of course gulped down some clam chowder and sourdough bread. Aubrey didn't tell many people but she did the american idol thing while we were there. She was lucky in that they let her sing her whole song, actually looked up at her and had her move around in various places while she sang...then told her she had a good voice but looked too naive for the competition...snip snip...end of wristband. It was intense with over 20,000 people auditioning and weirdness galore. We simply feel lucky we were able to see the grandkids and arrive back in Utah safely. We flew home in that big windstorm and had to almost land and re-land a few times...the plane lurching and bumping up and down...and it totally freaked me out! (I do currently miss holding those cute grandkids, though).
Meanwhile, the rest of the kids had a great vacation with grandma and grandpa taylor while we were away. Matthew has been busy all summer running long-distances with Grandpa Taylor and has participated in two 10-k's. He seems to love it. Emily has been babysitting a lot. She is quite a business woman. Brynna pretty much played and rode her bike as much as possible.
Lane's parents had their 50th wedding anniversary this summer, and we enjoyed a lot of extended family time with both Utah family and California family. Oh, we also put our yard in...can't believe I almost forgot that.
Once the kids started school, I have felt like I am drowning in a sea of...I don't know what...but something extemely thick and gooey. Matthew and Brynna are in 6th and 2nd grade, Emily in 7th grade and Aubrey is at the highschool (10th). Kids at every school. Back to school night and registration was an adventure, just to get to all of it. Now, between homework, early morning seminary, soccor, drama council, scouts, singing, piano, young womens', dance lessons, church callings and the everyday weird little things like kids forgetting lunches or someone getting poked in the eye just before school, etc. it all seems to get just a tad nutsy. But we are all slowly adjusting in and seeking for a good balance. All in all we are continually grateful for kids, family, friends, and the blessings the busyness of life brings.
I can hardly believe the crisp smell of fall is in the air already and with it seasons end and begin again. I loved the regional conference concept by sister Beck, "We are doing better than we think we are and we can do better."





5 comments:
So good to hear an update. He is a beautiful baby. Aubrey, you won't always look naive, so I say give it another go.... I am proud that you even tried, it was very brave of you!
I loved the conference concept from sister beck! Great job Aubrey! Like Natilie, I think it was very brave. You know where you want to go - keep going there.
Congrats on that grandbaby! Your family is growing fast!
Though the article is a bit lengthy, but I really enjoyed reading it. Your post is very much informative and makes my friends to go through it. Keep posting .Thanks.
Computer Laptop.
Who is "Computer Laptop"?!?!?!
Post a Comment