Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Theme

I just wanted to comment on how much I love the 2009 young women theme and challange. It is "Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity" (1 Timothy 4:12)". The girls are so great to give talks on aspects of this scripture for New Beginnings in a few weeks. I found it interesting as well that the church has added "virtue" to the main young women's theme. Inspired. I also love the challange they gave to all the Young Women, it was to everyday: pray, read the book of mormon for at least five minutes, and smile. These seem easy and do-able yet are things that I can see would really help me. I am reading this book called "the tipping point" where there is a theory that little things can make a big difference and "tip" you in certain directions. Anyway...that's all...just thinking.

http://music.mormontimes.com/contest.php?id=757&nocache=1

4 comments:

three pinkies said...

I'm glad to hear what's happening in YW. I still haven't figured out the old "new" part of the theme for when we combine in RS. But I haven't been in YW since I was one.
I also really like the challenge. I think I will take it!!

Natilie said...

Love the new "virtue" - not so sure about the color, but I guess it fits. I am glad you will be in there when I give up my little girl next month:(

Caroline said...

I need to take the challenge. It shouldn't be hard, but sadly, sometimes it is. Love the scripture/theme too.

watergirl said...

Hi, it is me, Arleen. Ok, you probably think I am a loser since I never comment but believe it or not my page got "stuck" on your original posting way back when so I thought you were too busy to blog. I feel really sad that I have been missing out on everything. So much exciting stuff is happening. In fact back when Natatlie mentioned Aubrey's competition I thought it was weird that her own mother was not blogging about it. So I am back on track and I just wanted to tell you that I am here.:) In case you care.