Friday, February 6, 2009

Because you had a bad day...

OK so Brynna has been stealing my camera and taking random pictures. I thought this one was an appropriate one that expresses my sentiments exactly. (her others are wild and random...the shower door...the toilet....a shoe...you get the idea).
I like the old american idol song "Bad Day". I find myself singing it in my mind when I have days like the ones I have been having lately. You know those overwhelming, not so friendly, dark, trial-like days. So I will sing it to you... Pretend that a really bad and off key soprano is singing this...
"Because you had a bad day You're taking one down You sing a sad song just to turn it around ... You work at a smile and you go for a ride You had a bad day The camera don't lie You're coming back down and you really don't mind You had a bad day You had a bad day. Well, you need a blue sky holiday (not our exact weather at the present time) The point is they laugh at what you say And I don't need no carryin' on"... Beautiful Right?
Some new, and interesting (probably just to me) research shows that if you hang around with someone when they are down or even when they are up it rubs off on you...unconciously, even in neighborhoods...there are happy neighborhoods and sad neighborhoods (like epidemics)...so I will do my part to turning the bad day around so it doesn't rub off on anyone else. I only want to rub off good vibes.
Oh, if you would like to, check out the Keyes blog to view some adorable pictures of the cutest grand-daughter ever. She's a keeper.
Emily got to go to "new beginnings" this last week. She is really excited to be in YW, but will have to wait until December...so it's a pretty long wait.
Matthew is alternately excited and dreading the fourth grade play where he plays a "boy". The costume was HARD (you know a boy outfit).
Brynna has had the worst runny nose in the history of all time. On a disgusting note while I was sitting with her a couple days ago she whipped it right in my mouth. When she lays down at night her ears clog up and we are up together a good portion of the wee early morning hours.
Oh also aubrey is way excited for her school play. She gets to play Annie in Annie. She has decided that she wishes she had kept taking dance since she is a bit of a novice in the tap-dancing department. They are already practicing "Hard Knock Life" the dance with all the orphans.
If I think about it ..that song works too...Sometimes it is a "hard-knock life"..."stead of treated we get tricked...stead of kisses we get kicked"....but it if it doesn't kill us it makes us stronger right? It's not like I have recently lost a limb or anything. Aubey also has only until the 15th of this month until her on-line contest is over. We will all be kind of glad. Here is the link. Thanks to anyone who is or has voted.

3 comments:

Lance and Melissa said...

Yes I know how you love the weather don't worry about it. I think Aubrey should already be pro at "Hard Knock Life"--remember all those times she would slap wet towels on the kitchen floor and sing it really angry? Also, I believe we have an amazing blackmail video of her and Emily standing on the trunk at Grandma's singing that song and Aubrey is pumping the microphone around and making weird faces and Emily is trying to get the microphone the whole time. I would REALLY like to see that make its way onto your blog...maybe a "Congratulations you got the part" tribute.

Caroline said...

I can relate. Have had a couple of "those days" lately. Love that song... especially on those days. Another favorite, "Bring on the Rain".
OH, I hope your days get a little better! Lots of Love.

Aubrey will be amazing as ANNIE. You will have to let us know when it plays.

three pinkies said...

Now I want to watch Annie again!! :)